Wednesday, September 12, 2012

EDRD 7717 Module 2: Reading Inventory Video Response

      This video was helpful, however, I think that it could have gone in to more detail then just the word list part because there is a lot of different parts to the QRI-5. Once I looked through the book and saw what all it offered I was so excited because this is exactly what my teacher last year had us use when we were completing a case study on a few of our students. This video was helpful in allowing us to see how we should talk to the student and how they may do on the word list section. Making the student comfortable is essential when giving them something like this especially because this is not something that is going to go in the grade book- it is simply for our information and use in helping the student. Letting them know that they just need to do their best and if there is one they do not know they are allowed to skip it is a great way to make them feel comfortable because then they will not get nervous if they get to a word they do not know. I have already completed my QRI-5 reading assessment, but this video was reassuring in the sense that I feel like I said about the same things as this teacher did at the beginning of the video. Next time though, I will be sure to ask the student about their reading past and habits because I thought that she had a good transition from conversation to assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment