Tuesday, June 11, 2013

ECE 7706 Module 1: Concept Map

Reflection Concept Map




      Concept mapping is something that I knew about but had never really taken part in until one of my classes in my undergrad. I think it is a good idea and assists with reflecting on the content, but getting started I would say is the hardest part. Obviously, there needs to be some sort of organization, and this is where the depth of your understanding begins to come into play. If you can organize the information then, to me, it means you have enough understanding to be able to categorize the information in an understandable and educational manner. I will say that I do sometimes have a hard time with concept maps because I tend to try to bite off more than I can chew and try to encompass a lot more information than necessary. However, after reading through the information, I realized that there is okay to make concept maps straight to the point without an over abundance of information. 

2 comments:

  1. Krista,
    I like how you showed the advantages and disadvantages of the use of technology in the classroom. I didn't think of doing this but I agree with your disadvantages especially since I work in a Title 1 school. Technology is great but it is expensive as well as sometimes difficult to incorporate into the lessons. I think the biggest thing that needs to be approached by counties is getting teachers fully comfortable and knowledgeable on the technologies that are available for them. I think is what would help enhance technology use in the classroom and all students would benefit from their teachers getting help. Thanks for you thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too took a look at the advantages and disadvantages on technology. There definitely seem to be more advantages, but we must not forget to look at the disadvantages. It is so important that we know how to use and implement the technology we have. It is expensive and we do not have much money to spare. We as teachers need to make the most of what we have and use the supplies we have to the very fullest/

    ReplyDelete